Ooh, don’t I know it! It's been over a month now! So delinquent, so ... ! There should be a word for it… “Blogvacay”? “Away From The Blog”? “Stepped Out Of The Blog”? “On Leave Of Blog”? “Blog-Hooky?” That’s what it feels like, like I’ve been playing Blog-Hooky.
So a very warm hello again!! … and also a little peace-offering to all of you in the form of my twist on a classic summertime drink:
Phoebe’s renowned Ginger-Basil Lemonade
, otherwise known to me and my main man
makes one pitcher
- 3-4 lemons, juice reserved
- sugar to taste (tons- at least 2 cups)
- two inches of a piece of ginger, peeled, grated and the gratings
squeezed of their juice
- basil leaves, roughly torn upvariations
* a little green or black tea (almost better than original)
* instead of basil, smash up sticks of fresh lemongrass, and add to pitcher; & add green tea if so desired.
Mix all ingredients; chill well. Pour into icy glasses that have been stored in the freezer. Sugar rims. Serve on a weekday night after Thai take-out, with pitcher and glasses on a tray to your main squeeze alongside a pack of cards. Suggest a friendly game of gin rummy. Turn on Ray Charles, or Otis Redding, or Amy Winehouse
, a little too loud. & then play to win.
oh, hot July, sticky in the day and smooth at night…
xx pum yes, I’m back, & no, I haven’t gone away to become a bridezilla, and yes, I will be updating regularly this summer, 3-4 times a week, while I write the manuscript of what will become, at some point, a real live book. But that’s a story for another time.
(thanks to pinkiestyle
for the img!)
Labels: eating well