Tuesday, July 31, 2007

our Twombly has arrived from Sotheby's! (kind of).

Back in December I mentioned that I was coveting a huge piece of slate to put up in the living room like a pseudo-painting. Well, we might be almost there!

Over the weekend, my mom and I took a roadtrip up to Maine, & on the way back home yesterday evening, we stopped in Kennebunk to check out Old House Parts, an architectural salvage shop, to see their inventory of vintage blackboards. Prices were a little bit prohibitive, but we still managed to bring back a decent sized piece of slate to hang up in living room over what will become a "games" table/ dining table. I figure it will look pretty all on its own, and when friends come over to play bridge (wink wink Roxy), we can use it to keep score.
Will post some pictures in August, when it's up!

(image of Mariette Himes-Gomez's kitchen blackboard via NYSD.)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont even want to ask how much that cost :)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

what a great idea!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home