Monday, July 09, 2007

Blog Hooky


Ooh, don’t I know it! It's been over a month now! So delinquent, so ... ! There should be a word for it… “Blogvacay”? “Away From The Blog”? “Stepped Out Of The Blog”? “On Leave Of Blog”? “Blog-Hooky?” That’s what it feels like, like I’ve been playing Blog-Hooky.

So a very warm hello again!! … and also a little peace-offering to all of you in the form of my twist on a classic summertime drink:

Phoebe’s renowned Ginger-Basil Lemonade, otherwise known to me and my main man
as

Jal Gingera:
makes one pitcher
- 3-4 lemons, juice reserved
- water
- sugar to taste (tons- at least 2 cups)
- two inches of a piece of ginger, peeled, grated and the gratings squeezed of their juice
- basil leaves, roughly torn up
variations:
* a little green or black tea (almost better than original)
* instead of basil, smash up sticks of fresh lemongrass, and add to pitcher; & add green tea if so desired.

Mix all ingredients; chill well. Pour into icy glasses that have been stored in the freezer. Sugar rims. Serve on a weekday night after Thai take-out, with pitcher and glasses on a tray to your main squeeze alongside a pack of cards. Suggest a friendly game of gin rummy. Turn on Ray Charles, or Otis Redding, or Amy Winehouse, a little too loud. & then play to win.

oh, hot July, sticky in the day and smooth at night…

xx p

um yes, I’m back, & no, I haven’t gone away to become a bridezilla, and yes, I will be updating regularly this summer, 3-4 times a week, while I write the manuscript of what will become, at some point, a real live book. But that’s a story for another time.

(thanks to pinkiestyle for the img!)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you're back! I was starting to wonder where you'd gone . . .

1:16 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh good luck on your book, I am glad you are back.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

thanks ladies! :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Jo Walker said...

You're back!! I thought you had eloped and left us all in the dark. Glad to see you blogging again.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home