Wednesday, January 10, 2007

the glorious over-the-top-ness of golden-y provençal and persian prints



I've been feeling so inspired recently by densely textured prints, and loving the seventies feel of floor-to-ceiling calico... these Persian and Provençal rooms are both so crazily beautiful, and make me wonder whether Provençal patterning originally developed from the Moorish influence of the middle ages; the patterns seem so similar. (I'm not an expert but certainly the architecture of Sicily and northern Spain show Moorish influences; why not Provençe's textiles?)

This William Morris wallpaper from my beloved Charles Rupert (wonderfully reminiscent of this) is making me dream big dreams. I'd love to punch up its occidental primness with some eastern accents.

images, from top: pics of the hotel Royal Champagne, via côtéMaison; charles rupert; elle decor.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Maryam in Marrakesh said...

As someone who is half persian herself, I have to say that I share with you your love of these prints!

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home