Tuesday, January 02, 2007

H a p p y Ne w Y e a r!



Italian lion bank from Hi+Lo Modern. Zoolight giraffe table lamp by Intermezzo, found here, via cribcandy.

Happy New Year!

Welcome back!

I'd like to say for the record that creating Silk Felt Soil is one of the most fun and fulfilling "playtime" activites that I've ever done in my life and I am so excited for what 2007 will bring, and I'd like to usher us in to the New Year with three resolutions that I've made.


1. to update the look and feel of the site. i'll be asking friends to help me with this!

2. to explain the name of "Silk Felt Soil" one day soon. to keep refining and clarifying the design principles that inspire me...

3. to have even more fun! to take more risks. to share more with you about my life.




xx phoebe

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the India picture, phoebe! At first I thought those were statues, like the bull in the center of wall street. Did a bit of a double take...

jcs

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha - JCS, I thought the same thing too! They have the same blackened bronze colour and smooth texture, and seem completely solid in the image.

Phoebe, I don't think you really need to explain the Silk Felt Soil thing - it's one of the things I love about your page.

Of course, MY associations for the title may be completely different, and somehow "wrong", but I first looked at your site because I liked the name, and I wasn't let down by what I found!

10:19 PM  
Blogger ** Terramia ** said...

Phoebe,

Your musings, insights, captivating pictures, and design commentaries are always a delight. And I adore Silk Felt Soil just as it is...

"You are doing your best only when you are trying to improve what you are doing"

I, too, enjoy the fulfilling act of playing with a blog and creating interesting posts, all the while meeting fabulous fellow blogaholics. (;

Looking forward to another year of much more fantastic fun...

Namaste, T

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home