Friday, October 06, 2006

in its raw form: indigo dye


Indigo dye is one of the most startling, inspiring natural dyes, it seems to me. Just found these pictures in an article about the intricate dye-making process, shot by Marie Clérin for the Sept/Oct 2006 Maison Francaise, (one of a number of magazines belonging to a French interiors magazine group, Côté Maison, that I've recently been poring over....)



I don't understand how "blue" ever got to be a word about feeling down. These blues lift me up, up.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger la femme said...

Beautiful.

I used to work at a Textile Museum and was blown away by seeing different dyes in their natural form. Indigo was the most striking.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

lucky you.... mmm.. would love to work up close with some of these older fabrics.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home