Thursday, October 26, 2006

can't get enough of: antique stoneware bottles



Hooray! it's my birthday! so i've chosen one of my Favorite Things to spotlight today, purely for inspiration's sake: British stoneware bottles. Love these so much. I grew up with my grandmother collecting Dundee marmalade jars and storing paintbrushes and pens in them, so they have a special place in my heart.





Images courtesy of (from top); dianemariet's flickr stream; colonel blink's flickr stream (images 2 and 4); willow and stone, a UK company; and, my favorite, Rattibo's flickr stream-- check out her "antique" tag. Gorgeous photos of a small child clutching large stoneware jars.)

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish you a very Happy Birthday, Phoebetine. Love the stoneware bottles - simply marvelous!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope the day is full of birthday joy and chocolate. Love, Emma

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Birthday, you design darling! I love the new blog and have started visiting every day. And thanks for the dusty red idea; it's perfect. Let me know next time you're in New York!

6:51 PM  
Blogger a.m. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyeuse anniversaire from Morocco!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Thanks for the bottle pics-- they're fabulous :)

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too had a grandmother who collected the Dundee Marmalade jars, I have 3 that my paint brushes are in... and Happy Birthday!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pleased you liked my flickr photos and a belated happy birthday
from Colonel Blink

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated B-day! Thanks for the inspiration!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are truly lovely; it's wonderful when the outside is as beautiful as the inside; Dundee marmelade and really good ginger beer. The design is so timeless and evocative at the same time it's hard to believe it was ever "designed"....Harry

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home